Super Easy Ice Cream Cupcakes — A must-try recipe for any summer party or birthday! Layers of chocolate peanut butter crunchies, creamy ice cream, and whipped cream frosting.
Under normal circumstances, I would loathe this day entirely, but change of plans. Thanks to ice cream, and my favorite recipe challenge crew.
Dat’s right. It’s Recipe Redux time! AND It’s their birthday!! The tender ‘ol age of 6. I promised to buy it it’s first drink when the time comes, but for now we’re making C-U-P-C-A-K-E-S.
Here’s this month’s theme:
Small Bite Desserts
In honor of our 6th birthday, we’re celebrating with cake…or another small bite dessert that fits your fancy. Show us your healthy small bite dessert creation.
Not gunna lie, I’ll take ice cream over a cupcake any day. No challenge. And over pie, brownies, and just by the hair on it’s chinny-chin-chin, cookies too.
So naturally, I like to dominate all of the above desserts with (say it together now) I SCREAM.
Cupcakes being my first line of attack. Ice cream cake and me go waaay back. Anytime someone had one as their birthday cake, they immediately made it to my top 8 on MySpace, worthy of a BBFL necklace, or being one of my speed dial #’s depending on the stage of life I was in.
It was a winner. The melty ice cream. The crunchy….crunchies, and the straight from the lab chemical whipped frosting. The Destiny’s Child of dessert trios.
But when it comes to things I love, I’m pretty horrible at sharing. Awesome bands you’ve never heard of. ANY jar of peanut butter. And ice cream cake. OH, ice cream cake.
Which is the one thing cupcakes have going for them. Built-in portion control, that is mine and mine only. Yours is over there. Stay away from mine. Thank you very much.
Naturally, I made these two have an arranged marriage, and pop out half a dozen of melty, crunchy, mine and no one else’s love children.
I of course had to work my baby peanut butter into the mix, and usd my peanut butter magic shell instead of the usual chocolate sauce. But remember, this is my cupcake, and I’ll spread my pb love wherever I damn please. And suggest you do the same. 🙂
I rest my case your honor.
- 6 sheets chocolate graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter magic shell sauce, or chocolate magic shell/chocolate syrup
- 1 pint ice cream of choice ( I used Enlightened Triple Chocolate)
- whipped cream
- additional toppings (sprinkles, chopped nuts, cherries, etc)
- Line a muffin tin with 6 foil cupcake liners
- Let ice cream thaw on counter until softened.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add graham cracker sheets.
- Pulse until crumbs are formed.
- Add crumbs to a bowl, and mix with magic shell or chocolate sauce.
- Add half of crumb mixture evenly to prepared cupcake liners.
- Top each with a spoonful of softened ice cream.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Finish with one more spoonful of ice cream, and spread evenly.
- Freeze cupcakes at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, top each cupcake with whipped cream and desired toppings.
Hover over the image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
Ice cream or cupcakes?
Favorite summer dessert?