How to Make Homemade Tempeh Bacon — An easy vegan recipe made in 15 minutes, no oven, or marinating time required! The perfect smoky and crispy addition to breakfast, a sandwich, salad, and more!
- 8 ounces tempeh, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients besides the tempeh.
- Add as many slices of the tempeh to the mixture as you can.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then flip.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Transfer tempeh from marinade to pan, and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Repeat process until all tempeh is used.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack or paper towel-lined plate until ready to serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 239
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 13
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: bacon, tempeh, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free