- 8 ounces tempeh, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients besides the tempeh.
- Add as many slices of the tempeh to the mixture as you can.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes, then flip.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Transfer tempeh from marinade to pan, and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
- Repeat process until all tempeh is used.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack or paper towel-lined plate until ready to serve.
- Category: Vegan