These healthy homemade pita chips are made right in the microwave! They only require two simple ingredients & 5 minutes to make into a crunchy, satisfying snack!
- 2 whole wheat pita pockets
- cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Garlic & Herb
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Separate pita pockets into two halves by cutting around perimeter of each pita.
- Cut each round into eight wedges.
- Arrange on a microwave-safe plate.
- Spray with cooking spray to coat on each side.
- If making flavor variation, combine seasonings & salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (or seasonings), and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove plate from microwave with pot holder (plate will be hot) and serve.
- These may need to be made in two batches depending on the size of microwave/plate.
- Keep a close eye on chips while cooking to prevent burning.
- These can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Make a thicker chip by leaving layers intact after cutting into chips. This will increase cook time by 1-2 minutes, but cook until crispy & flavor as you would with the thinner chips.
- Category: snacks
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Serving Size: 8 chips
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 150
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: pita, chips, microwave, snack, vegetarian, easy, quick