These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are sure to be your next favorite cookie recipe! Made with no added sugar, flour, or oils!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- extra 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add mashed banana, applesauce. and vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Stir in nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto prepared baking sheet for 12 servings.
- Form and flatten into rounds using hands or clean spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- If using, heat extra white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Drizzle over cookies, and let dry on cooling rack until chocolate is firm.
- *use certified gf oats to make recipe gluten-free.
- I get the best results using a frozen banana that’s microwaved. It releases a lot more sweet liquid to help moisten the cookies, but ripe, fresh bananas work fine as well.
- Forming the cookies into shape with your hands is KEY. Since there’s no flour, the dough is a bit crumbly, but forming them on the sheet pan works wonders.
- If you prefer a sweeter cookie, you can use sweetened applesauce and sweetened coconut. And don’t skip the extra drizzle of chocolate. 😉
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: hawaiian
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 70
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: cookie, white chocolate, macadamia, healthy, dessert