These Healthy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are sure to be your next favorite #cookie recipe! Made with no added sugar, flour, or oils!
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Mauna Loa and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Here’s hoping that lots of turkey had been eaten, thanks had been given, and doing nothing had been…had for the holiday, because that’s sure as hell what I did. I lounged around, watched crime shows, and ate plenty of tortilla chips, and stuffing to fuel my endeavors. It was awesome.
Alas, we’re back to the grind, but with this time with the smell of pine and scotch tape in the air. Yessir, operation Christmas is in full force, and I am on the front line.
And nothing gets you back on track and in the holiday spirit quite like COOKIES!!!
Ahh yes, Cookies. Crispy. Chewy. Buttery. Delicious. Breakfast.
I wouldn’t put it passed me to have shuffled a stack of chocolate chips and glass of milk into my face and called it the most important meal of the day once or twice, but I’m talking about these bad boys, that you can actually eat for breakfast and still earn your gold star for whole grains and fruit first thing in the morning.
After my Healthy Cowboy Cookies went as viral as Kimmy K’s ass champagne, I knew I had a winner on my hands. Except here at team Sinful Nutrition, there’s more than enough room for more than one winner at the cookie table. And those winners have Hawaii on the brain.
Coconut? Check. Macadamia nuts? Present. Choco-flippin’-late?! SIRYESSIR.
- I get the best results using a frozen banana that’s microwaved. It releases a lot more sweet liquid to help moisten the cookies, but ripe, fresh bananas work fine as well.
- Forming the cookies into shape with your hands is KEY. Since there’s no flour, the dough is a bit crumbly, but forming them on the sheet pan works wonders.
- If you prefer a sweeter cookie, you can use sweetened applesauce and sweetened coconut. And don’t skip the extra drizzle of chocolate. 😉
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- extra 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add mashed banana, applesauce. and vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Stir in nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto prepared baking sheet for 12 servings.
- Form and flatten into rounds using hands or clean spoon.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- If using, heat extra white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Drizzle over cookies, and let dry on cooling rack until chocolate is firm.
*use certified gf oats to make recipe gluten-free.
Hover over image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
White, milk, or dark chocolate?