This Healthy Monster Cookie recipe takes just 8 ingredients to make, with no added flour, sugar, or oils!
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together banana, peanut butter, and vanilla until combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to oats, and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten and shape cookies with hands.
- Top each with M&M's and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Adding the M&M's to the top instead of directly into the batter helps to keep their color and texture.
- Use certified gluten-free oats to make these gluten-free friendly. M&M's may contain wheat, and should be avoided for those with severe gluten allergies.
- nutrition information is estimated.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 26
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 1
Keywords: cookie, healthy, vegetarian, gluten free, dessert