A recipe for healthy frozen banana pops that taste just like a banana split! Made with only 6 simple ingredients, and is a summer desserts for kids of all ages.
- 3 bananas, cut in half
- 3 sets of chopsticks, cut in half (or 6 popsicle sticks/skewers)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or other neutral oil like canola or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries (about 10 medium strawberries)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Skewer each banana half, and freeze on prepared baking sheet for 2-3 hours, or until bananas are firm to the touch.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in coconut oil.
- Dip banana in chocolate to coat.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, strawberries, and pineapple.
- Repeat process for remaining bananas.
- Enjoy immediately, or freeze in resealable container for up to 2 weeks.
- Make vegan-friendly or dairy-free by using dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Since the bananas are frozen, the chocolate freezes on them quickly. It works best to sprinkle each banana with toppings immediately after dipping in chocolate, as opposed to dipping all of the bananas in chocolate first.
- Prep Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 each
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 27
- Sodium: 2
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: banana, frozen, dessert, summer, banana split, healthy, gluten free, kid-friendly