This easy apple bread recipe only takes one bowl and a few simple ingredients to make. The perfect fall treat that will instantly make your house smell amazing!
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup vanilla, Greek yogurt
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped apples, peeled (about 2 large apples)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1//4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9×3 loaf pan with cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients of bread recipe.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, and stir to just combine.
- Stir in the chopped apples, and transfer to loaf pan.
- Wipe out bowl, and add in topping ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Drop evenly onto top of bread, and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- Inspired by Cookies & Kate
- If you don’t have white whole wheat flour, you can mix 1/2 all purpose and 1/2 whole wheat.
- This can be made into muffins by using a muffin tin, and baking for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or raisins for extra texture and flavor.
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
Keywords: bread, apple, fall, autumn, oil-free, vegetarian, snack, dessert