This healthy cowboy cookie recipe is a vegan and gluten-free dessert made with only 9 ingredients, with no added oils, sugars, flours, or eggs!
- 1 1/2 cups oats*
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet or dairy-free chocolate chips
- melted chocolate for drizzling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add mashed banana, applesauce, and vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Press down each cookie gently with back of greased spoon or oiled hands to flatten.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if using.
- Let cook 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
*Use certified GF oats if gluten-free.
*2 large mashed bananas or 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce can be used instead.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: cookie, recipe, dessert, healthy, vegan, gluten-free, chocolate