These healthy 3 ingredient biscuits are the easiest drop biscuits you will ever make! They take just 30 minutes from start to finish, and turn out super soft and fluffy!
This is one of the rare opportunities you get to say “nice biscuits” to me on the internet without any repercussions. I even said it myself. Someone get these ‘scuits some apple bottom jeans.
I’ve seen people work their black magic making Greek yogurt pizza dough and bagels, so I broke out my spell book (BoOoOoK! — name that movie!) and turned them into biscuits!
What makes these 3 ingredient biscuits healthy & delicious
- white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- plain Greek yogurt
- salt (I don’t really count it since you should always have it on hand!)
How to make these drop biscuits
Start by preheating your oven to 400°F. Coat a cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray, or rub with oil. You can also use a baking sheet, but I love how they come out in a cast iron skillet.
In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of white whole wheat flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt until dough just holds together.
Using a spoon, drop dough into 6 mounds into prepared skillet or baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Make them bigger: If you like a supah big biscuits, make them into just 4 servings instead of 6.
- Don’t over mix the dough, or they can become tough, and not as flaky.
I can’t find white whole wheat flour! What can I use instead?
If you can’t find white whole wheat flour, you can use 1/2 whole wheat, and 1/2 enriched flour. I don’t recommend using 100% whole wheat flour (if you can’t find white whole wheat) since it will make these too dense. You can also use enriched flour instead.
How long do these biscuits keep for?
They are best enjoyed right out of the oven, but can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Money-Saving Tips for These 3 Ingredient Biscuits
Use store brand: Utilize store brands for items like flour, salt, and baking powder for a budget-friendly option that doesn’t sacrifice flavor or quality.
Buy in bulk: Buy large quantities of items you use regularly like Greek yogurt, flour, or salt for a more cost-effective option.
more bread recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment & a rating to let me know how it came out!
Pin this to your Breads board!Print
These healthy three ingredient biscuits are the easiest biscuits you will ever make! They take just 30 minutes from start to finish, and turn out super soft and fluffy!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients stirring until it just combines.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cast iron skillet, and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Don’t over mix dough. Stir until just combined to avoid making them too tough.
- You can also use all-purpose flour, or self-rising flour. Just don’t add the baking soda and salt if using self-rising flour.
- Recipe inspired by The Weary Chef.
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 218
- Fat: 0.5
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 2
Keywords: bread, biscuit, greek yogurt, healthy, recipe, vegetarian