These Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders made with a sticky sweet pineapple glaze is a must-make appetizer. Be everyone’s favorite person for game day!
- 1 dozen Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese ( about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces Frick’s hickory smoked sliced ham, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ( 8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice rolls in half, and arrange in oven-safe baking dish.
- Add ham and cheese, and replace tops of rolls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cold water and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat, and add remaining ingredients.
- When mixture starts to slowly bubble, reduce heat to low, and add cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat once mixtures starts to thicken, and pour over prepared sandwiches.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Slice into 12 sandwiches before serving.
- If you want more pineapple flavor, add a sliced pineapple ring to each sandwich before baking.
- This can easily be doubled to serve a larger crowd.
- You can use chia seeds instead of poppy seeds. No one will know!
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baking
Keywords: appetizer, sliders, sandwiches, ham, pineapple, swiss cheese, Hawaiian