These two ingredient sweet potato waffles are a quick and easy recipe that comes together in less than 15 minutes! A gluten-free and healthy breakfast option for any day of the week.
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and flesh removed (about 2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- In a large bowl mash all ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat waffle iron to 425 degrees, and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to each waffle mold, and cook for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Repeat process until all batter is used, and serve with desired toppings.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 1 month.
- This batter can also be blended for a smoother texture.
- Add different spices for a flavor change such as pumpkin pie spice, or chili powder for a savory option.
- The texture of the waffles gets softer when re-heated. For best results, serve and enjoy immediately.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: waffle, sweet potato, gluten free, vegetarian, breakfast, brunch