Easy Gluten Free Crepe Cake Recipe with Wild Blueberry Topping — A sweet cream cheese filling, warm blueberry sauce, and an unexpected ingredient make this one of the easiest crepe cakes you’ll ever make!
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Wild Blueberries and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
There’s no denying that apple and pumpkin run the roost when it comes to holiday desserts. You’re either team apple or team pumpkin, no ifs, ands or buts.
I’m here to stand up for the little guys. Those desserts that don’t slap fall across your face, but are equally as important and delicious on the dessert table.
And this one ain’t even a pie. (gasp!)
Some may say blueberries are so last season, but I’m a firm believer that blue looks good in any season…and can be worn even after labor day.
Especially when they’re frozen. Most of the wild blueberry crop (aka 99%) is frozen, making their extra blueberry…y flavor and double dose of antioxidants available long after they poke their sweet little heads out in the summer.
They get a major thumbs up from me too since a lot of the wild blueberries come from this little state of mine, MAINE!
I got the inspiration for this recipe from another local landmark, my grocery store Hannaford. This month’s issue of their Fresh Magazine was plastered with a dropdead gorgeous crepe cake for the holidays, and knew I wanted to get my hands on trying one of these beauties for myself.
..So this may not actually contain crepes, but in my defense those things are damn time consuming, near impossible to perfect, and should be left up to the professionals.
aka an excuse for me to return to France. Quality assurance testing purpose only, of course.
BUT I did make it gluten free. That gives me some brownie (crepe?) points don’t it?
It may not be as delicate and/or French, but corn tortillas are by far the easiest, cheapest, and least processed gluten free tortilla/crepe replacement out there. They are so much more than a vehicle for guac and taco filling.
Dem layers doh.
Feel free to double this recipe of you want to make it look so epic and all. I am however not responsible for leaning tower of crepe cakes, or blueberry stained carpets.
Let’s get wild.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt ( I like Siggi’s since it’s lower in sugar)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- On a large sheet tray, spread out corn tortillas. Spray lightly with cooking spray, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Turn tortillas over and repeat.
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese, yogurt, milk, vanilla, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Beat with hand mixer until light and fluffy. ~ 3 minutes.
- Place one tortilla on serving plate.
- Top with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture, and spread evenly.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, leaving the top without filling.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to set.
- In a small saucepan, add frozen blueberries, lemon juice and water, and heat on high.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and cook until thickened. ~3-5 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and top with blueberry sauce before serving.
- Category: Dessert
[Tweet “The easiest #GlutenFree Crepe Cake you’ll ever make with a @wildblueberries topping! #AD #thereciperedux”]
Hover over image to pin for later!
You May Also Like:
Make it a great day!
Have you ever had a crepe cake before?
What’s your favorite cake flavor?