These extra gingery roasted rainbow carrots are soon to be your favorite veggie recipe! Drizzled with a sweet and spicy maple ginger sauce makes these the perfect side to any holiday dinner!
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon crystalized ginger, finely chopped
- fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place carrots on an large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
- Bake in oven 35-40 minutes, tossing once halfway through until carrots are tender but firm.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, water, ground ginger, and crystalized ginger.
- Transfer carrots to serving tray, and drizzle with maple mixture.
- Top with fresh parsley to garnish.
- If you can’t find rainbow carrots, orange carrots would work just fine. You could also do a mix of carrots and parsnips.
- No fresh ginger? Opt for ground. Just use 1/2 teaspoon instead.
- Honey is also a great flavor pairing with these carrots, and can be used in place of the maple syrup.
Keywords: carrots, ginger, vegetables, side dish, vegan, gluten free