This German-style cauliflower potato salad recipe is quick and easy to make, vegan-friendly, and can be served warm or cold. One of my favorite summer side dishes!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6–8 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about 1/2 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- Place chopped cauliflower into a large microwave-friendly bowl with 2 cups of water, and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Alternatively, the cauliflower can be steamed in a pan or pot with boiling water.
- While cauliflower is steaming, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, and diced red onion, and sauté for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add minced garlic, and cook for additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to the onion mixture. Drain water from cauliflower, and add to pan. Stir to coat.
- Transfer to serving dish, and top with fresh chopped chives.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, and serve cold or room temperature.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 327
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: cauliflower, salad, side dish, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free