Italian-style meatballs nestled in buttery garlic bread, and topped with melty mozzarella. These easy, homemade meatball subs are a family favorite!
- 1 baguette, cut into three pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, or buttery spread (I use Smart Balance)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 frozen chicken meatballs (I used al fresco Italian-style)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice each piece of baguette down the middle, leaving one end in tact. Make sure not to cut all the way through the bread to prevent meatballs from falling out.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, butter, and seasoning.
- Spread a tablespoon of butter in the middle of each baguette.
- Transfer to a baking sheet, and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until butter has melted. Remove from oven, and set aside.
- Add meatballs and sauce to a saucepan, and heat on medium until bubbling and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Add four meatballs to each baguette, and spoon with sauce.
- Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese, and bake 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: sandwiches, main dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: meatball, garlic, sub, sandwich, main dish, dinner, Italian