This No-Bake Frozen Smores Recipe is a classic summer treat made easy, with only three ingredients, and no campfire required!
*This recipe was originally posted in July 2013, but has since been updated.
If s’mores don’t happen at least once, did summer even happen, bro?
Not in my books. Not to brag or anything, but I am a master at s’mores making. It’s taken time, patience, and a lot of practice, but it’s been an amazing journey. Thanks to everyone who ate my crappy s’mores in the process, but it was SO worth it.
Why This Recipe Works
Freezing them before dipping in chocolate helps keep them from melting all over the place.
Using marshmallow spread instead of roasted marshmallows means there’s no open flame or fire required.
How To Make This Frozen Smores Recipe
Break the graham crackers into squares & place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon half of the squares with two tablespoons of marshmallow spread & top with remaining graham cracker squares.
Freeze the s’mores for at least an hour. Heat chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring at each interval. Continue heating and stirring until chocolate is melted.
Dip each s’mores in enough chocolate to coat one half, and freeze on parchment-lined baking sheet until ready to serve.
*If you love these, try Caramel Apple S’mores this fall too!*
- Don’t forget to freeze these after you add the marshmallow. If you do, they will be far too messy to dip into the chocolate. Just trust me on this one.
- If you want to make these even easier, you can spread the chocolate on one of the graham crackers before forming into a sandwich and freezing. These just look prettier.
- If your chocolate is getting too sticky, you can add a small drop of olive oil to thin it out. AVOID water coming into contact with the chocolate, or it will turn into a sticky, lumpy mess. No good.
- Using a parchment-lined baking sheet or silicon mat makes these the easiest to separate once frozen.
What kind of graham crackers do I use?
The honey graham crackers are the most traditional type, but if you’re a super chocolate lover, you can always use chocolate graham crackers instead.
What If I Can’t Find Marshmallow Spread?
You can always use regular marshmallows if you aren’t able to find marshmallow fluff. Just place a marshmallow as you would with the spread, add them to a microwave-safe plate, and heat for about 10 seconds, or until the marshmallow is puffy and soft. Complete the rest of the recipe as listed.
Money-Saving Tips for This Frozen Smores Recipe:
- Use store brands. Utilize store brands for the graham crackers and chocolate for a cost-effective option, that doesn’t sacrifice flavor or quality.
- Buy in bulk. Larger containers, such as for the marshmallow spread are more cost-effective than smaller versions. Only purchase larger containers if you will use it, or are doubling recipe.
more s’mores recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Rate & leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out!
Pin this recipe to your Desserts board!Print
This No-Bake Frozen S’mores Recipe is a classic summer treat made easy, with only three ingredients, and no campfire required!
- 12 sheets honey graham crackers, broken in two (24 squares all together)
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, lay out graham cracker squares.
- Top half of them with 2 tablespoons each of marshmallow fluff.
- Add the other half of graham cracker squares on top to form a sandwich.
- Freeze for 15-30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time, until fully melted, stirring at each interval.
- Remove squares from freezer, and dip half in chocolate to coat.
- Add back to parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze until ready to serve, or chocolate is solid.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
- Freeze s’mores before dipping in chocolate to prevent the marshmallow from spreading and leaking.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 each
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 95
- Fat: 9.5
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 10
Keywords: smores, chocolate, marshmallow, dessert, summer, no bake
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite Summertime classic?
Have you ever added anything else to s’mores?