These spinach and feta chickpea burgers are super easy to make, and take just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes! A simple gluten-free and vegetarian dinner idea that's full of flavor.
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour (or all-purpose if not strictly gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- cooking spray or 1 teaspoon oil
- In a large bowl, mash together chickpeas, flour, garlic powder, and pepper thoroughly.
- Stir in spinach and feta cheese until combined.
- Form mixture into three patties, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Add burgers and cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or up to a month in the freezer.
- Make sure to mash beans well to allow the mixture to hold its shape. You can test the mixture by squeezing a portion of it in your hands to see if it sticks together. If not, keep mashing, or add a little more flour if it's too wet, or a little water if it's too dry.
- These can be frozen before or after cooking. Make sure they are completely cooled if cooked, and lay flat before freezing to avoid sticking together.
- Serve on a burger bun with hummus, or over a bed of greens.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: burger
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: mediterranean
Keywords: chickpea, burger, vegetarian, recipe, gluten free, spinach, feta