This super easy no bake energy bites recipe is customizable, and made without any added sugars! Full of fiber and protein from peanut butter, flax seeds, and dried fruits.
This recipe was originally posted in 2018, but has since been updated.
You know the one thing I like about daylight savings? The fact that I have something to blame my ongoing exhaustion on for at least a few weeks twice a year. Sorry I can’t adult today, I don’t even know what time/day/year it is right now.
Which is why this great balls of oats are a L-I-F-E saver to have locked and loaded in the freezer. Coffee in one hand, energy bite in the other…while I hit the snooze button one (hundred) more times.
What makes these energy bites delicious and healthy
- rolled oats
- sunflower seeds (or favorite seeds)
- ground flax
- raisins (or favorite dried fruit)
- natural peanut butter
- unsweetened applesauce
How to make these energy bites
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of rolled oats, 1 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or your favorite seeds, 1/4 cup of raisins, or your favorite dried fruit, and 2 tablespoons of ground flax. Stir in 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter, and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce until fully mixed.
Oil hands with vegetable oil, and form mixture into 12 golf ball-sized balls. Refrigerate for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Use whatever nuts, seeds, and dried fruits you have on hand.
- Freezing, and tossing in your lunch bag makes the perfect snack, since they thaw in time for an afternoon pick me up!
How long do these energy bites last?
My favorite way to store them is by freezing them, which will last up to 1 month in a resealable container in the freezer. You can also refrigerate them for up to 1 week, but shouldn’t be stored at room temperature.
I don’t have sunflower seeds! What else can I use?
You can use any chopped nuts, or seeds you have on hand like pumpkin seeds, chopped walnuts, or pistachios. You can also swap out the raisins for dried cranberries, or chopped dried apricots, cherries, or dates.
Money-Saving Tips For These No Bake Energy Bites:
Buy in bulk. Purchasing a big container of oats, seeds, and dried fruits is more cost-effective than smaller sizes. Use the leftovers for breakfast meals, or make a double batch of these for the freezer.
Use cups. While I normally buy the bulk size for ingredients, I utilize the individual cups of applesauce for these. Each cup is the perfect amount you need for the recipe, and I don’t have to throw out the leftovers if I don’t use it.
Buy store brands. Utilize store brands for ingredients such as cinnamon, oats, and applesauce for a more inexpensive option that doesn’t sacrifice flavor or quality.
more snack recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment and a rating to let me know how they came out!
Pin this to your Snacks board!Print
Super Easy No Bake Energy Bites — The perfect on the go snack recipe made with a few simple ingredients, and no sugar added!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup nuts/seeds (sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, etc)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed (or hemp seeds, chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, chopped apricots, dried blueberries, etc)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (the runny kind)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Add the remaining two, and stir to combine.
- With your hands, press mixture into 12-15 balls.
- Store in airtight container, and store in refrigerator up to 4 days, or in freezer up to 2 weeks.
- Mixing and forming with your hands works best. Make sure to press them tightly to help them stay together better.
- These are best kept in the freezer for storage. They defrost rather quickly for snacking on, or can even be heated for 10 seconds if in a rush.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: snack
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 18
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: snack, bite, healthy, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, no sugar, oats
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite on the go snack?
Have you ever made energy bites before?