Super Easy No Bake Energy Bites — The perfect on the go snack recipe made with a few simple ingredients, and no sugar added!
You know the one thing I like about daylight savings? The fact that I have something to blame my ongoing exhaustion on for at least a few weeks twice a year. Sorry I can’t adult today, I don’t even know what time/day/year it is right now.
Which is why this great balls of oats are a L-I-F-E saver to have locked and loaded in the freezer. Coffee in one hand, energy bite in the other…while I hit the snooze button one (hundred) more times.
That is, if I can get to them before Mr. Rob does. Good thing they are the easiest darn tootin’ thing since sliced bread…or these bean burgers which might actually be even easier. I don’t make the rules.
The best part? These QT’s might as well be called yoga bites, cuz they be FLEXIBLE. No raisins? Use cranz. Hate peanut butter? GO TO HELL…or use sunflower seed butter. Your choice.
Here’s some of my favorite ways to mix them up!
Peanut Butter – swap for almond or cashew butter.
Raisins – swap for chopped, dried apricots or blueberries.
Sunflower seeds – swap for chopped walnuts, almonds, or all three.
A lot of my recipes are more like templates. I give you the base. You give me the treble. They’re perfectly fine on their own, but are open to your imagination. Much like when I try to tell stories…like this. I’ll be stopping now.
- No cooking involved! That’s a tip right?!
- Mixing and forming with your hands works best. Make sure to press them tightly to help them stay together better.
- These are best kept in the freezer for storage. They defrost rather quickly for snacking on, or can even be heated for 10 seconds if in a rush.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup nuts/seeds (sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, etc)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed (or hemp seeds, chia seeds)
- ¼ cup dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, chopped apricots, dried blueberries, etc)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (the runny kind)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Add the remaining two, and stir to combine.
- With your hands, press mixture into 12-15 balls.
- Store in airtight container, and store in refrigerator up to 4 days, or in freezer up to 2 weeks.
Looking for some more snack ideas?
You May Also Like:
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite on the go snack?
Have you ever made energy bites before?