This Easy Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce recipe is vegan, nut-free, & made with only 7 simple ingredients.
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 /2 cups dairy-free milk alternative (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add potatoes and 1/4 cup of water. Heat on high for 8 minutes, or until a fork tender. Drain off water.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Add to pasta, or refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- If sauce is too thick or gummy, add a couple tablespoons of warm dairy-free milk, or pasta water if applicable.
- This sauce is pretty garlicky. If you’re not a big garlic fan, omit or use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder instead.
- Using a creamy potato like a white or yukon gold helps prevent the sauce from becoming too gummy.
- Category: sauce
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: vegan
Keywords: sauce, pasta, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, alfredo, potato