This Easy Broccoli Cheddar Potato Crusted Chicken Recipe is a simple way to upgrade baked chicken with extra veggies, too!
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 4 small)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package McCain® Potato, Broccoli & Cheddar Veggie Taters™
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add flour to a shallow plate, and stir in black pepper.
- To a separate shallow plate, add egg, and whisk together with a fork.
- Add veggie taters to a microwave-safe plate, and heat for 30 seconds, or until softened but still chilled. Flatten with a fork or with hands.
- Dip both sides of chicken breasts into flour, and repeat with egg mixture.
- Add chicken to prepared baking sheet, and top with mashed veggie taters, pressing firmly if needed to adhere.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired, and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before serving.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 632
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 22
- Cholesterol: 69
Keywords: chicken, dinner, main dish, entree, broccoli cheddar, potato crusted