5 Minute Homemade Hummus Recipe -- The easiest hummus you'll ever make. No oil or tahini required!
- 1 (28 oz) can low-sodium chickpeas
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup liquid from chickpea can
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, reserving 1 cup of bean liquid.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/3 cup of bean liquid.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, and scrape down sides of bowl.
- Continue blending, adding additional liquid if needed until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and serve
Add additional herbs and spices of your liking if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dip, Appetizer
Keywords: hummus, chickpea, vegan, gluten free, dip, snack, appetizer, beans, oil free