A recipe for dark chocolate lovers! This chia pudding is healthy enough for breakfast, and sweet enough for dessert!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder*
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder**
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- In a resealable jar or bowl, add chia seeds, protein powder, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Stir mixture until fully combined. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with chocolate chips or cacao nibs if using and enjoy.
*Protein powder optional. May want to add a little bit more cocoa powder for more chocolate flavor if not using.
**If not a fan of chocolate, use regular cocoa powder instead.
nutrition information estimated
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Rest time: 4 hours
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: full recipe (no chocolate chips)
- Calories: 544
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 208
- Fat: 24
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 22
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 62
- Fiber: 28
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 20
Keywords: chocolate, chia, dessert, snack, breakfast, vegetarian