These Christmas Breakfast Sandwiches are the perfect recipe for starting the holiday morning with! Fluffy cinnamon rolls filled with chicken apple sausage, fried eggs, and a drizzle of icing!
- 1 canister extra-large cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 package (6 count) pre-cooked breakfast apple chicken sausage patties
- 6 eggs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake cinnamon rolls according to package instructions.
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat, and add chicken sausage.
- Brown on both sides, about 5-6 minutes each side.
- Set cooked sausages on a paper towel lined plate, and set aside.
- Coat pan with spray, and fry eggs to preferred doneness.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven, and let cool on wire cooling rack.
- Slice each cinnamon roll in half horizontally, leaving a small amount uncut.
- Add a sausage patty and egg to each roll, and top with icing.
- Don’t cut all the way through the cinnamon rolls when slicing for the sandwiches. This helps to keep them from falling apart.
- Use the extra large cinnamon rolls to make sure you have plenty of room for the good stuff inside.
- Prep the night ahead: Make each sandwich without adding the icing. Wrap each in foil, and reheat in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle each with icing before serving.
- Category: breakfast, holidays
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 472
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 981
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Unsaturated Fat: 13
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 56
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 14
- Cholesterol: 206
Keywords: christmas, breakfast, holidays, sausage, sandwich, eggs