- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup lentils, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a square baking dish, or cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook both your rice and lentils according to the package instructions.
- Once cooked, add the lentils and veggies to the rice and set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch.
- Add milk mixture to saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Add your cheese and stir until it is melted.
- Pour over the lentils and rice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture to your prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes ,or until the cheese is melted.
Veganize: Substitute milk and cheese for non-dairy alternatives.
- Category: Main Dishes, Vegetarian
- Serving Size: 1 cup