Healthy Cauliflower Crust Jalapeno Popper Calzones Recipe — A creative twist on a game day favorite appetizer made with a #glutenfree cauliflower pizza crust!
This post is sponsored by The Blooming Oven. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that help make Sinful Nutrition possible!
I’m back for day two of game day-ready recipe making, and it’s about that time that we get in the zone.
…Or as I like to think of it, the easier way to justify eating an entire pizza by yourself. Gimme eight slices, forgettaboutit. Fold it in half, and suddenly half a pizza seems like child’s play.
I don’t make the rules people, it’s just plain science.
Remember all that talk in yesterday’s post about how I like to combine recipes rather than make the impossible choice between the two?
..yeah, I wasn’t kidding. You can just call me Britney, cuz…
Oops, I did it again. I played with your heart, got lost in the.…
okay, okay I’m finished now. Really. I promise.
AND I wanted to show that just like regular ol’ glutinous pizza dough, this caveman crust isn’t just for slathering sauce and cheese on, but fit for numerous and indecisive recipes.
Although I have tested plenty of times and can safely say that there is nothing wrong with that either. 🙂
And what better way to sneak in as many football-ready recipes as possible than stuffing it with another popular game day food, jalapeno poppers!
This wouldn’t be my first jalapeno poppin’ rodeo, after making a mac & cheese version, but this is 2017 folks, and cauliflower is still QUEEN.
This version is also gluten-free, which helps me win over more friends with my outrageous food, even those with dietary restrictions. My apologies vegans and non-dairy believers, I had to draw the line somewhere.
Let us eat!
- 1 Caveman crust (or favorite pizza dough)
- 1/4 cup neufchatel (reduced-fat) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Remove crust from packaging, and let soften on counter for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix softened cream cheese and spices together in a small bowl.
- Spread mixture on one half of crust.
- Top with sliced jalapenos and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold over the crust to cover mixture, pressing firmly along edges.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut into 6 slices and serve.
You can use the code Sinful10 during checkout to get 10% off your entire order! Head to The Blooming Oven’s website to order!
Hover over image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
Have you ever eaten an entire calzone?
On a scale of Cher to J.Lo, how spicy do you like your food?