This quick and easy sweet potato bread recipe is super moist & studded with candied walnuts.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup California walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato, or 2 medium)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup avocado or canola oil
- 1 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil.
- Stir in sugar until fully dissolved, stirring often.
- Add walnuts, and stir until fully coated. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and coat an 8×4 loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine sweet potato, banana, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until just combined. Transfer to loaf pan.
- Sprinkle candied walnuts on top of bread batter, and use a rubber spatula to press walnuts firmly into the top.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 180
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 19
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 46
Keywords: sweet potato, bread, baked goods, dessert, walnuts, vegetarian, dairy free