Caesar Salad Avocado Toast — A simple avocado toast recipe mashed with garlic and herbs, and topped with dressed greens and freshly grated parmesan cheese. A veggie and fiber packed healthy snack!
Y’all knew I had to bring salad to the avo toast world.
This simple avocado toast recipe has been sitting in the que since October, but I felt it necessary to wait until things were actually turning green outside to release it to the world. And here we are.
Much like my daily salad habit, daily avocado toast habits never grow old. I’m all about efficiency too though. The easiest way to eat a salad without a utensil is on a slice of bread. This is pretty much like having a salad on giant avocado schmeared crouton. Need I say more?
You know, some ladies love shoes and handbags, some love creamy fruits and sourdough. Life. Is. Beautiful.
- Buy the ends of parmesan cheese if you can find them. (aka the parts leftover after they cut those big wedges) They’re a lot cheaper and fresher than the pre-shaved stuff.
- Swap up your greens! Use what’s on sale or in season, such as kale, red leaf, or even chopped baby spinach. Caesar will never know it’s not romaine.
- Add some more protein by mixing in some chopped, cooked chicken, white beans, or my personal favorite a fried egg.
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ tablespoon caesar dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- freshly cracked pepper
- slice of bread, toasted
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with garlic powder and seasoning. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss lettuce with dressing.
- Spread avocado mixture onto toast.
- Top with dressed greens.
- Grate parmesan cheese on to toast, and top with fresh cracked pepper.
Rather watch me make it?
Check out the video below!
Can’t see the video?
Head to the link here!
Looking for even more avocado recipes?
You may also like:
Make it a great day!
Are you an avocado toast fan?
What’s your favorite toast topping?