A corned beef sandwich recipe made with your St. Patrick’s Day meal leftovers, swiss cheese, and tangy mustard pressed into pita bread.
- 1 Toufayan low-carb pita, or pita of choice
- 3 slices cooked corned beef
- 1/4 cup cooked green cabbage
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow or brown mustard
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.*
- Carefully slice pita bread into top and bottom halves.
- Spread mustard on both slices of pita bread.
- Top one pieces of bread with a slice of swiss cheese.
- Add corned beef and cabbage.
- Top with remaining swiss cheese and other bread half.
- Heat in skillet for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Cut in quarters and serve with additional mustard for dipping if desired.
*A panini or sandwich press can be used instead.
- Category: sandwich
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: corned beef, swiss cheese, pita bread, sandwich, st patricks day, quesadilla