Healthy Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Skins – A super simple recipe that is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. Great for a game day appetizer or easy entertaining!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1.5 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- cooking spray
- chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes, and pierce with a fork.
- Wrap each in a damp paper towel, and microwave on high for 6 minutes, or until softened.
- Let cool, cut each in half, and scrap out flesh leaving a thin layer behind.
- Place potato skins on a baking sheet, and coat each with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine chicken, buffalo sauce, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt with water or milk. Set aside.
- When potatoes are done baking, fill each with chicken mixture.
- Top each with a drizzle of yogurt, and green onions.
Meat free? Swap the chicken for cubed tofu or chickpeas in place of the chicken.
Not a buffalo fan? Mix the chicken with BBQ sauce instead!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 potato skin
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 343
- Fat: 0.5
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 38
Keywords: buffalo, sweet potato, appetizer, game day, football, gluten free, chicken