Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers -- An easy and gluten-free dinner recipe that's perfect for football season. Takes just a few simple ingredients to make & comes together in less than an hour!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley or green onion
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the tops of the peppers off, and scoop out seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic, and ground chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through, and no longer pink.
- Stir in cooked rice and buffalo sauce. Remove from heat.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add peppers for 2 minutes. Remove and stand upright in an 11x9 baking dish.
- Add chicken mixture evenly amongst peppers, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil, and sprinkle each pepper with shredded cheese.
- Bake and additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle each pepper with chopped parsley or green onion before serving.
*nutrition information estimated
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Pepper
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 890
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 18
- Cholesterol: 53
Keywords: buffalo chicken, stuffed peppers, gluten-free, dinner, main dish