Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers — An easy and gluten-free dinner recipe that’s perfect for football season!
Is it just me, or did fall come in full swing overnight? One day I’m sweating in shorts, the next it’s Ice Age in the morning. I love you autumn, but sometimes you stink.
But it does have me finally craving all the fall foods. Pumpkin everything. Apple Crisp. Hot bevs. Buffalo chicken…
..Maybe that’s just a phase, but I am craving all the sweater weather comfort foods, and dishes that actually require more than lettuce and a bowl to prepare.
I bring it to living with a boy that I can say buffalo sauce and football are regular parts of my life and vocabulary.
I’ve been putting buffalo sauce on ‘errthang lately. Tuna. Pasta. Chicken. And if I need to tell you, SALADS.
I’m still not entirely sure why, but buffalo salads aren’t quite catching on as a game day food as much as I had hoped. Stuffed peppers doh? ALWAYS.
Girlfriend tested. Boyfriend approved.
…I really need to stop with the commercial references in this post. We’ll leave that to the Super Bowl. 🙂
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley or green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the tops of the peppers off, and scoop out seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add onion, garlic, and ground chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through, and onion is softened.Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add peppers for 2 minutes. Remove and stand upright in an 11×9 baking dish.
- Add cooked rice and buffalo sauce to cooked chicken. Stir to combine.
- Add mixture evenly amongst peppers, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove foil, and sprinkle each pepper with shredded cheese.
- Bake and additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle each pepper with chopped parsley or green onion before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: dinner, main dish, entree
[Tweet “These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are the perfect #dinner idea for #footballseason! #glutenfree”]
Hover over image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite game day food?
Sweet or spicy foods?