Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Recipe — A dinner for any spicy food lover! Perfect for football season, game night, or any weekday.
If you haven’t taken a stab in the dark yet, I am quite the buffalo fan. Yet, I don’t actually like spicy food. Or pasta for that matter. So why the hell am I making a buffalo chicken lasagna? Funny you should ask.
Cuz I straight up love me some buffalo sauce. And lasagna. OH la-sag-na.
I know I may lose some of you when I say it, but pasta doesn’t do much for me. Gimme a loaf of crusty sourdough, and we’ll talk. But pasta? Meh.
That is, unless it’s STUFFED.
Ravioli. Tortellini. And a whole lotta lasagna. Usually one filled with lotsa veggies, or even one made out of eggplant. But this one? Nahh. Not a veggie in site. Is most likely chock full of sodium. And is definitely delicious.
And football-watching (or not really watching) worthy. And eat-out-of-the-pan-in-front-of-the-fridge-worthy….I’m guessing. Totally guessing on that one, I swear.
- Shred cooked chicken easily by adding to the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Mix on low. You can also use a large bowl and and a hand mixer.
- Make vegetarian by swapping chicken for crumbled tofu.
- Add more buffalo chicken flavor by topping with crumbled blue cheese before baking.
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together shredded chicken 1 cup of buffalo sauce. Set aside.
- In a 14 x 10 glass baking dish spread half of remaining buffalo sauce to coat the bottom.
- Line with 3 lasagna noodles, and top with half of ricotta mixture, followed by 1/2 of chicken.
- Repeat once more, ending with remaining 3 lasagna noodles on top.
- Top with remaining buffalo sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees, uncover, and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dinner
[Tweet “A spicy #dinner idea that’s perfect for #gameday or any day! Buffalo Chicken #Lasagna #sinfulnutrition”]
Pin this recipe for later!
Looking for more buffalo-inspired dishes?
Check out these recipes too!
Make it a great day!
Are you a spicy food fan?
What’s your favorite pasta dish?