- 2 prepared pie dough sheets
- 2 cups blueberries*
- lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten (or milk)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Roll out pie dough, and cut into 5″ circles.
- Place prepared dough on baking sheet.
- Spoon blueberry mixture onto one half of each circle.
- Fold over other half, and crimp edges with a fork.
- Slice the top of each pie to allow the steam to escape.
- Brush each pie with egg or milk mixture, and bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
*fresh or frozen blueberries may be used.
- Category: Dessert