This Basil Peach Mojito Recipe is a refreshing summer cocktail made with muddled peaches, fresh basil, and lime seltzer.
This post was originally published in 2019, but has since been updated.
Hi, my name is Emily and I like mojitos.
I don’t think I’m sharing any groundbreaking information with you, I have made my love for these bubbly drinks well-known. I mean, I even add them to my salads. Come on now.
What makes this recipe delicious
- white rum
- seltzer water
How To Make a Basil Peach Mojito:
Start by filling 2 glasses with half a peach, sliced half a lime cut into wedges, sugar, and fresh basil. Muddle the mixture with a wooden spoon or muddler until the peach is well smashed.
Add white rum and ice cubes, and fill each glass with lime seltzer just before serving.
*These cocktails go perfectly with a side of homemade tortilla chips made in just 5 minutes!*
- Muddling is important. If you want to know the truth, I used a peanut butter knife in the video below. You don’t need a special gadget, just make sure you smash the crap out of the peaches and lime to extract their full awesome potential.
- Add seltzer just before serving to keep these super bubbly.
Can I make these without alcohol?
Of course! Simply leave out the rum & you are left with a refreshingly delicious mocktail.
Can I used a different fruit other than peach?
These mojitos can be made with lots of different fruits like strawberries, blackberries, or pineapple. You will want to chop large pieces of fruit to make muddling them easier.
Can I make these in a pitcher?
Absolutely. I would at least double the recipe, or adjust according to how many people you are serving. Like the individual servings, I would add seltzer just before serving to keep them fizzy.
Money-Saving Tips for these Basil Peach Mojitos:
- Shop sales. Are peaches on sale? If not, opt for frozen instead.
- Buy store brands. Utilize store brands for items such as sugar and seltzer for a more cost-effective option that doesn’t sacrifice flavor or quality.
more cocktail recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Rate & leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out!
Pin this to your Cocktails board!Print
This Basil Peach Mojito Recipe is a refreshing summer cocktail made with muddled peaches, fresh basil, and lime seltzer. The perfect seasonal drink perfect for happy hour!
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 4 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces white rum
- 2 cans lime seltzer
- ice cubes
- In each glass, add half peach, lime, sugar, and basil.
- Muddle until peach is well chopped.
- Add rum and ice cubes to each glass.
- Top with lime seltzer before serving.
- Use a small wooden spoon for an easy muddler.
- Make this a kid-friendly mocktail by leaving out the rum.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: basil, peach, cocktail, drink, rum, mojito