Balsamic Pasta Salad with Tofu — A classic summer recipe made with sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette, tri-color pasta, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, and Nasoya balsamic tofu. A vegan friendly side dish for any cookout or barbecue!
I received free samples of Nasoya mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Nasoya, and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time. Thanks for supporting the partners that keep Sinful Nutrition running!
The questions that are paramount of importance once summer gets here:
Soft or hard serve ice cream?
Iced tea or iced coffee?
Pasta or potato salad?
Yes, I will judge you based on your answers. I’m team soft serve (especially coffee), iced coffee (I think my first answer gave that one away), and pasta salad (this is a pasta salad recipe post after all)
I love them all. Creamy. Italian. Macaroni. Spaghetti (even ones made from zucchini). I don’t discriminate.
Guilty admission, every summer included (and still does) include a boxed pasta salad mix, jazzed up with tuna, peas, tomatoes, and hard-boiled eggs. Tastes like summer. But sometimes, I like to make it my own, especially when the box isn’t on the 10 for $10 deal that week.
I can’t say that I’ve ever added tofu to pasta salad before, but my, how the tables have turned. I’m always looking for more ways to add some plant-based power to my dishes, and having a tofu that is already pressed and seasoned, and ready to go like these new Toss’ables from Nasoya is SUPAH convenient. If you’re not a tofu fan, you just haven’t tried GOOD tofu yet. 🙂
- Mixing everything when the pasta is still a little warm helps it absorb the dressing and flavor more.
- Not strictly vegan? Add feta cheese!
- Want to add #OneMorePlant? Add chopped spinach, diced avocado, or diced cucumbers (or all!)
- 1 pound tri-color bowtie pasta
- 1 red beller pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup – 2/3 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 (7 ounce) bag Nasoya Balsamic Vinaigrette Toss’ables Tofu
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and remaining ingredients to a large bowl, and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight before serving.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped basil, before serving.
Pin this recipe for later!
Make it a great day!
Pasta or potato salad?
Soft serve or hard serve ice cream?
Iced coffee or iced tea?