Balsamic Pasta Salad with Tofu — A classic summer recipe made with sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette, tri-color pasta, artichoke hearts, bell pepper, and Nasoya balsamic tofu. A vegan friendly side dish for any cookout or barbecue!
I received free samples of Nasoya mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Nasoya, and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time. Thanks for supporting the partners that keep Sinful Nutrition running!
The questions that are paramount of importance once summer gets here:
Soft or hard serve ice cream?
Iced tea or iced coffee?
Pasta or potato salad?
Yes, I will judge you based on your answers. I’m team soft serve (especially coffee), iced coffee (I think my first answer gave that one away), and pasta salad (this is a pasta salad recipe post after all)
I love them all. Creamy. Italian. Macaroni. Spaghetti (even ones made from zucchini). I don’t discriminate.
Guilty admission, every summer included (and still does) include a boxed pasta salad mix, jazzed up with tuna, peas, tomatoes, and hard-boiled eggs. Tastes like summer. But sometimes, I like to make it my own, especially when the box isn’t on the 10 for $10 deal that week.
I can’t say that I’ve ever made a balsamic pasta salad with tofu before, but my, how the tables have turned. I’m always looking for more ways to add some plant-based power to my dishes, and having a tofu that is already pressed and seasoned, and ready to go like these new Toss’ables from Nasoya is SUPAH convenient. If you’re not a tofu fan, you just haven’t tried GOOD tofu yet. 🙂
Money-Saving Tips for this Balsamic Pasta Salad:
- Use store brands. Utilizing store brands for staples such as pasta and salt, and pepper can be less expensive without sacrificing flavor or quality.
- Buy in the can. Marinated artichoke hearts are delicious, but tend to be more expensive too. Purchase the unflavored type in the can, and add more flavor with the dressing instead.
more salad recipes:
BLT Panzanella Salad (vegetarian option)Print
- 1 pound tri-color bowtie pasta
- 1 red beller pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup – 2/3 cup light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 (7 ounce) bag Nasoya Balsamic Vinaigrette Toss’ables Tofu
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and remaining ingredients to a large bowl, and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight before serving.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped basil, before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
[Tweet “#AD Balsamic Pasta Salad with the plant power of tofu! @nasoya #vegan #onemoreplant”]
Pin this to your Salads board!
Make it a great day!
Pasta or potato salad?
Soft serve or hard serve ice cream?
Iced coffee or iced tea?