- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs*
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large cast iron skillet with non-stick spray, or line a baking sheet with foil, and coat with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Add quinoa to a microwave-safe bowl, and cook on high for 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Stir in mozzarella and parmesan until melted. Let cool in fridge.
- Once quinoa is cool, stir in egg, basil, and pepper.
- Add breadcrumbs to a large plate.
- Form quinoa into 6 balls, pressing firmly to hold shape.
- Roll in breadcrumbs and add to prepared baking sheet or skillet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.
* use certified gluten-free breadcrumbs to make recipe gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: appetizer