Baked Falafel Pizza with Lemon Tahini Tzatziki -- This healthy dinner recipe will change your falafel life! Served pizza-style topped with fresh veggies and herbs, and a creamy tzatziki sauce.This recipe is an entry into a contest hosted by siggi’s. I was not compensated for my time.
Falafel it to me.
You feel me? Or do you falaFEEL me?!
Back in my vegetarian days, I would house my fair share of falafel.
The cilantro. Spicy chickpeas. Warm pita. But that tzatziki sauce......
Eat me garbanzo bean heart out.
Name me one food that isn't better in pizza form, and I'll be a monkey's uncle. Do monkey's HAVE uncles? And if so, how did they get roped into this deal? I digress, pizza is good in every and all forms.
So I knew when I saw the recipe contest for Siggi's cookbook, pizza, falafel, and creamy tzatziki needed VIP ticket to this flavor party. Who wants in?!
Baked Falafel Pizza with Lemon Tahini Tzatziki
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- For Falafel:
- 1 (28 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- chopped red onion
- chopped tomato
- chopped cucumber
- chopped fresh cilantro
- crumbled feta
- prepared tzatziki sauce
- For Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain Siggi's skyr, or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ English cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For Falafel:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add all falafel ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse 10-12 times, until mixture is combined, but not completely smooth.
- Grease a large oven-safe skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour falafel mixture into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until falafel is golden brown and crispy around edges.
- For tzatziki sauce:
- Deseed and chop cucumber.
- Strain excess water by squeezing in hands or with a cheesecloth.
- Add cucumber and remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- To serve, top falafel pizza with chopped vegetables, herbs, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce.
- Cut into wedges, and serve with spatula.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main Dish
[Tweet "Falafel in pizza form w/ Lemon Tahini Tzatziki! #AD #cookingwithsiggis"]
Pin this recipe for later!
Make it a great day!
Are you a falafel fan?
Falafel or pizza? Or team falafel pizza (raising my hand right hurrr)
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables
Ummmm falafel and pizza are like my two favorite things so I need this NOW! haha this is such a cool recipe!
Thanks Liz! 😀 They're some of my favorite things too!
Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner
I make something very similar love all these toppings. Falafel is the best
It really is! Glad you enjoy it as much as I do!
Jodi @ Create Kids Club
I love your pizza style falafel! A one pan meal that I need to make!
Thanks Jodi! You can even stuff the leftovers in a pita for lunch the next day!
This is so creative! I love it. I could but tzatziki on everything!
Most of the time I do! Especially on salads! 😀
Such a creative way to serve up falafel! 😀
Susie @ Suzlyfe
What a fantastic idea! GIANT FALAFEL FOR ALL
Giant falafel makes the world a better place!
This looks so yummy! Definitely going to give it a go!
Thanks Carmy! Let me know what you think if you do!
Chrissy @ Snacking in Sneakers
This sounds great! I just made a similar Tzatziki last week for some chickpea gyros I made - yummmm.
I'll trade ya a slice for one of those gyros! 😀
I love all forms of falafel, and pizza, so this is totally up my alley!! C
A match made in pizza falafel loving heaven!
This is such a pretty falafel! And so creative! Love it 🙂
Thanks Esther! That's what I was going for! 🙂
What an amazing idea...I could eat falafel all day everyday!
I definitely falafeeeel ya 😉
Thanks Nicci! Glad we're on the same wavelength. 😉
Jill Conyers | Fitness, Health & Happiness
Such a great idea for a pizza. Very creative for the crust.
Thanks Jill! Was super tasty too!