- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats*
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 apples
- 1/2 cup water
- In a small saucepan, add oats and water.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, walnuts, raisins, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Remove core and seeds of each apple carefully with a pairing knife.
- Scoop out enough flesh to make room for oats.
- Pour 1/2 cup water in slow cooker pan.
- Add apples, and fill each with prepared oatmeal.
- Cook on high for 2 - 2 1/2 hours, or low for 4 hours until apples are softened.
- Top each with additional cinnamon, syrup, or Greek yogurt before serving
*use certified gluten-free oats if gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Category: breakfast