This turkey pumpkin chili is a healthy and easy lunch or dinner just in time for fall! Made with lean ground turkey, fresh vegetables, and canned pumpkin in under 30 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and red bell pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chopped garlic. Cook for additional 30 seconds.
- Add ground turkey, and cook until browned.
- Add spices, and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour in pumpkin puree and chicken stock, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and black beans, cooking an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and serve. Top with sliced jalapeños if desired.
nutrition information estimated
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 715
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 29
- Cholesterol: 55
Keywords: chili, pumpkin, turkey, gluten free, dairy free, chili, soup, fall, autumn