These sweet potato pancakes require just two simple ingredients, making them a quick & easy paleo and gluten-free breakfast.
It’s officially begun. The part where summer flies by in the blink of an eye after the fourth. The 13th already?!
I’ve been trying to enjoy these warm and sunny weekends as much as I can since I know as soon as I’m done this cup of coffee it will already be November.
But you know what that means?
All. The. Pancakes.
I mean, I don’t discriminate when it comes to pancakes. Any time. Any day. But there’s just something about a short stack smothered in syrup and melty butter that just screams FALL! to me. Especially when said cakes are of the sweet potato variety.
Notice how I didn’t say (*gasp) pumpkin? Don’t let them hear me say that out loud. No shame to that squash game, but sweet potatoes need their 15 minutes in the orange spotlight too. I’ve got your back S.P.
It doesn’t get much easier than 2 ingredients either. Like no one says, “two ingredients? Meh. Too much work.” Unless that is, if you’re my boyfriend. Who claims I make these “SOO much better” than he does. I fall for it every time. And then I’m thankful these only require 2 ingredients besides cinnamon, and the waterfall of syrup that ensues.
- No blender? You can make these without one by mashing the sweet potato by hand. The texture won’t be as smooth, but the taste will be the same.
- Make sure your pan is well buttered or oiled before adding batter to the pan. This will help get that nice golden brown exterior.
- Add more flavor without any added sugar by adding pumpkin pie spice, or even make these savory by adding garlic powder, black pepper, and/or red pepper flakes.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract*
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon*
- Rinse and pierce sweet potato with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Let cool, and peel off skin.
- Add flesh of sweet potato to blender.
- Add eggs, and optional ingredients if using, and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Coat with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into 2-inch diameter circles in skillet.
- Let cook 2-3 minutes, or until brown, flip, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Top with butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon if desired.
- Category: Breakfast
[Tweet “The easiest sweet potato #pancakes you’ll ever make! #paleo #glutenfree”]
Pin this recipe for later!
Looking for more pancake inspiration?
You May Also Like:
Make it a great day!
What was the highlight of your weekend?
What’s your favorite kind of pancake?