This quick and easy vegetarian gravy recipe takes just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make. A must-have for your plant-based holiday or Thanksgiving spread!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat broth in a microwave-safe dish in microwave for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan set at medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, stirring constantly.
- Cook mixture for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in broth, whisking constantly.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer, stirring frequently until thickened.
- Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper, and transfer to serving dish. Top with dried thyme.
- Make this vegan by swapping out butter for plant-based buttery spread.
- Remove from heat when gravy is just under thickness you like. It will thicken more when it cools.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: condiments
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: vegetarian
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 0.5
- Sodium: 426
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 7.5
Keywords: thanksgiving, vegetarian, gravy, recipe, sauce