10 Minute Chicken Caesar Soup – Use up your leftover chicken to turn this salad classic into a slurp-able meal in minutes!
I received free samples of Progresso Cooking Stock mentioned in this post at no cost. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Progresso Cooking Stock and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I’m popping in late to my usual blog game on the blustery morning to bring you recipe part deux for the Progresso soup-er challenge!
Since I went vegniverous with my Vegan Pad Thai Soup the first time around, I wanted beef…..errr poultry up my game for this round.
Due to the process Progresso’s chefs use to simmer the real bones, Progresso Cooking Stocks have rich, meaty flavor and are full of body, making them ideal for adding deep, complex flavor to many dishes including soups, stews, sauces and gravies…and turning your favorite salad into it’s winter alter-ego.
Because some days it’s even too cold for me to eat a salad. And soups are pretty much liquid salads.
You know what, let’s just stick with soup. That sounds a lot more appealing. You know what else does?
Dinner ready in 10 minutes. YASSS.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups Progresso chicken stock
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup light Caesar dressing
- additional Parmesan cheese
- croutons (optional)
- Heat a medium stockpot over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add chopped kale, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and add in dressing and cheese.
- Remove from heat, and serve.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese, and croutons if using.
- Category: soup, entree, main dish
Now if you’re a crouton fan, I highly suggest adding those seasoned bits of joy to your bowl. I on the other hand, prefer to add ALL THE CHEESE.
[Tweet “Turn your favorite classic salad into a slurp-able meal in minutes with this 10 Minute Chicken Caesar Soup! #AD @progresso”]
Be sure to check out all the entire “stock” of recipes below!
[inlinkz_linkup id=589439 mode=1]
Make it a great day!
Are you a chicken caesar fan?
Do you still eat cold foods in the winter?