Strawberry Rhubarb Overnight Oats Recipe — A healthy spring-inspired and make-ahead breakfast. Perfect for busy mornings!
I’d be lying if I told you these overnight oats haven’t been chiilin’ (literally) in my fridge for almost a week. But that’s the best part about them…no matter how busy you get, or how many times they get pushed to the dark abyss of the fridge, or how many stores and/or grocery trips it takes you to find fresh rhubarb (not like I have any experience or anything) …they’ll be there waiting for you. Creamy and cold as ever, waiting for you to tell them how awesome and lifesaving they are.
And because you prep them the night before, in a hipster-approved mason jar, they’re ready to go even if your coffee-deprived, snooze-buttoned, bed-hair-don’t-care self ain’t quite ready to take on the Monday world yet.
…And although cold and creamy is all well and good, I like me some combos. Peanut butter + jelly. Sweet + salty. Snapchat + selfies.
And the most fairest of them all.. Hot + cold.
Which is why I knew making a quick and easy strawberry rhubarb compote was going to make this breakfast exponentially greater than just stirring some chopped fruit into my forgotten jar of hipster oats.
So in the time it takes a pot of the sweet nectar of the caffeine gods, you can have strawberry rhubarb pie-like filling hot and ready for the best of both worlds breakfast…to take a snapchat selfie with, because that’s completely and utterly necessary.
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 6 medium strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all oatmeal ingredients in a jar or container with a lid, stirring well. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, heat a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped rhubarb, strawberries, and water.
- Cook 3-5 minutes, or until fruit is softened and cooked down.
- Add honey, and remove from heat.
- Add fruit to top of oatmeal and serve.
Hover over image to pin for later!
You may also like:
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite food combo?
Do you usually have breakfast on the go or at home?
Looking for even more recipe inspiration? Get every new post sent directly to your inbox by signing up here!