Spicy Buffalo Sweet Potato Fries Recipe — These sweet & spicy baked fries are secretly healthy and super addicting!
Salutations and good vibrations party folks! Take a deep breath and breathe in that Wednesday air. That’s the smell of midweek my friends.
This past weekend, I traveled down to CT to see my best girlfriends Hillzy, Becks, Karen, and Fireball.
…Okay that had nothing to do with feet. I never said I was good at segways! Here’s what the first Redux of 2015 had in store:
The New Year is heating up with smoke and spiciness. From boldly flavored smoked salts to actual smoking techniques, subtly smoked food is on-trend. The same can be said for spice as we savor heat from harissa, sriracha and smoked paprika. Show us the healthy dish you’re heating up with smoke and/or spiciness.
Did someone say SRIRACHA?!? I know what I’m using!
Oh yeah..I did that already with Sriracha Hummus. Shucks.
I had the brilliant idea to slather my sweets in spice a while ago, and never got around to making them. I’m not much of a ‘smoky’ flavor fan, since it tends to remind me of eating a grill, so spicy it ’twas.
Spicy. Sweet. And the easiest fries I’ve ever made. The addition of cornstarch helps make the fries extra crispy, and extra GET IN MA BELLLAYY!
- 1 large sweet potato
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp buffalo sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- salt + cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Slice sweet potato into strips.
- In a large bowl, mix together ¼ cup buffalo sauce and cornstarch.
- Add sweet potato strips, and toss to coat.
- Add strips to baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.
- Remove from pan, and toss with remaining 1 Tbsp buffalo sauce.
- Sprinkle with optional salt and cayenne pepper if desired before serving.
And just in case you had some trouble figuring out how to cut an oval sweet potato into sticks, here’s a little photo tutorial.
And if still too thick, slice the sticks in half lengthwise again. And that’s it! Now hop on over to see all the other smokin’ hot recipes below!
Make it a great day!
Smokey or Spicy?
What’s your favorite thing to eat with fries?