Seven Layer Pizza Dip Recipe + Garlicky Cauliflower Crust Chips — The perfect game day appetizer for every pizza lover!
This post is sponsored by The Blooming Oven. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that make Sinful Nutrition happen!
Is there any better feeling than waking up and realizing it’s Friday?
Waking up and realizing it’s Friday AND not having to go to work. Cuz that just happened.
But that doesn’t mean I’m not gunna werk. I have a jam-packed day, full of sleeping in, shopping my brains out (which is like, two stores for me), and calling a bowl full of pizza dip lunch.
..or maybe breakfast. Hey, it’s Friday, all bets are off and all sweatpants are on.
And really no celebration, party, or shindig is really complete unless dip and chip are invited. Like, it pretty much never happened if they didn’t make the guest list.
SEVEN LAYER dip status.
Seven layer dip is actually one of my all time favorite party foods, just as long as I can dip my way around olives if they’re present. There’s something about, gee I dunno, having all the dips in one where I don’t have to pick favorites. Do you see a theme here? I think I see a theme here.
But during the winter months, I want something that threatens to inflict third degree burns on the roof of my mouth if not approached with caution. And really, is there even such a thing as TOO MUCH pizza? I don’t think so.
The thing I like about the Cauli-Crust so much is that it gets super crispy, unlike all the cauliflower crusts I’ve ever attempted, that needed a forklift and double padded support to stand up to any heavy lifting. DIPPING?! Blasphemy.
But super crispy is how I like my pizza, and makes these guys in chip form the perfect dipping partner. Much like life, never trust a partner who can’t dip. It will almost always end up as a mess on the floor, and tears. LOTS of tears.
And really, it’s like getting to have 8 billion tiny pieces of pizza in one sitting while trying to yell at your team through a TV screen. Maybe it’s 8 billion, maybe it’s 8, who’s really counting?!
- 3 hot Italian chicken sausage links
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cauliflower Crust Chips:
- 1 Caveman Crust (or favorite cauliflower crust)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- For dip:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove sausages from casing, and add to skillet.
- Crumble sausage and cook through. Add to a large bowl, and set aside.
- Add chopped peppers and onions to skillet, and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- In an small oven-safe baking dish or pie pan, add pizza sauce.
- Top with cooked sausage.
- Layer with sauteed peppers and onions.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan.
- Bake in oven for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- For chips:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Remove crust from packaging and cardboard, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and chopped garlic.
- Brush over crust to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven directly on baking rack for 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, then cut into chips.
- Serve alongside prepared pizza dip
Ready to get your Cauli-crust on?!
You can use the code Sinful10 during checkout to get 10% off your entire order! Head to The Blooming Oven’s website to order!
Hover over image to pin for later!
You may also like:
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite kind of dip?
Would you rather have 20 really tiny pieces of pizza, or one ginormous one?