Pumpkin Dirt Pie Recipe – A fun and healthier dessert full of fall flavor. Guaranteed to be the first of the desserts to go!
I’m gunna make this intro short & sweet, because I’ve got an incredible recipe and a whole lotta delicious yogurt to GIVEAWAY!!
Especially the Pumpkin & Spice love child. I find a lot of pumpkin-y things 100 times too sweet, so the fact that Siggi’s doesn’t add a lot of sugar is just my style. I wear my pumpkin obsessed scarlet letter with pride.
Yet somehow, there are those few select individuals that can’t hop on the pumpkin pie groovy train during the holidays. Black holes, the Bermuda triangle, people who don’t like pumpkin pie…some things are just a mystery.
But one dessert that always is the blue ribbon winner whenever I bring it along is Dirt Pie. Besides sounding like something that you made in your backyard and tried to sell at the end of your driveway when you were six, it really is dangerously delicious.
And wanting to work my pumpkin PDA into every food and recipe possible, I decided to make this dessert crack even more addicting this time of year. And evenly slightly healthier.
Replacing the usual cream cheese and butter with Siggi’s pumpkin yogurt, Oreos with cinnamon grahams, and regular whipped cream instead of chemically-laden whipped topping cuts a good chunk of calories, sugar, and scary ingredients. Not to mention a little bit more protein, and a double dose of I’ll have what she’s having… factor.
- 1 package (26 sheets) cinnamon graham crackers
- 4 (6 ounce) containers Siggi's Pumpkin & Spice yogurt*
- 2 packages instant pumpkin spice pudding mix**
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (7 oz) canister light whipped cream
- Add graham cracker sheets to a food processor, and pulse until crumbled. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle ⅓ of crushed graham crackers.
- Top with ½ of yogurt mixture.
- Sprinkle with another ⅓ of graham crackers.
- Top with remaining yogurt mixture.
- Finish with remaining graham cracker crumbs, and refrigerate at last 4 hours, or overnight before serving.
**Can alternatively use butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix. Add 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice if using.
This is definitely not an every day food, but having this once a year makes it even more enjoyable and special. And has me counting down the days until I get to belly up to a bowl of it once July hits. All in favor of Thanksgiving in June…
And now it’s time to win a MONTH’S SUPPLY OF SIGGI’S YOGURT!
Just head on over to the Sinful Nutrition Instagram page for your chance to win! Then make a month’s worth of pumpkin dirt pie to countdown the days until you make it again for Thanksgiving. It’s THAT good.
Thanks to the lovely folks at Siggi’s for offering this giveaway for all you Sinful Nutrition readers! Consider me jealous.
Hover over image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite holiday dessert?
Cake or pie?