Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe — A healthy breakfast bursting with fresh pineapple and coconut flavor! #ad #vegan
This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. All thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own.
Hello young lovers!
Welcome to another Monday, and can you believe it’s already going to be MAY this week?! I can’t even…
In more current news, this weekend was funfully filled with some fresh air, quality time with my gal Hannah, and of course another trip to Pressed Cafe.
I also snuck in a run on Sunday, since it was my ideal running weather–cloudy, chilly, and otherwise miserable.
And plus, I had this glass of sunshine waiting for me upon my return.
Especially for those runs where you do in fact get caught in the rain, a Pina Colada Smoothie is the perfect refuel.
I used one of my new favorite almond milk variations, which is the Almond Coconut blend from Blue Diamond. It has that tropical coco-nutty taste, but still has the sweetness I love from almond milk without adding any sweeteners.
And plus, there’s no alcohol, so this colada is socially acceptable before 5 PM.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks, frozen with juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 8-10 ice cubes
- Freeze pineapple at least 4 hours, or until solid.
- Add ingredients to blender, and process until smooth. ~ 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Serve in a tall glass, and sprinkle with additional coconut.
I added some vanilla protein powder to make a perfect post-run snack, but this bad boy is equally as good without it. The only thing that isn’t optional is a pink flamingo swizzle stick.
Make it a great day!
Runners: What’s your ideal running weather?
What’s your favorite tropical-inspired food/drink?