Peanut Butter Chocolate Dipped Strawberries — The perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for the peanut butter lover in your life.
I hope you had an awesome and snow-less weekend. New England is currently getting hit with even more snow, which make for even lazier weekends than normal.
Some blog work while watching “White Bird in a Blizzard”. How fitting for our 3 foot of snowy conditions. It was a bit slow, but had a good soundtrack and Mr. SVU Elliot Stabler himself. Good enough for me.
One thing good about snowy Sunday mornings is that they make pancakes taste even more delicious than usual.
I threw in a handful of frozen raspberries to my usual 2-ingredient pancakes, which made for a sweet and fruity addition to the pancake grind. I also whipped up some eggs in a basket for MJ, which looked like some diner-class grubbin, so I couldn’t help but snap a pic.
…Okay all you love muffins, we’re less than a week away from the most important day for chocolate, roses, and marketing ploy romance.
…I mean a day of sharing the love!
Except when you are the lone standing old maid amongst all your friends. Then you settle for a lovefest in the form of an all-night marathon of Romance Gone Wrong, a bottle of red, and a dozen of these gorgeous love children.
Just when you think something can’t get any better…add peanut butter. It doesn’t judge. It understands. Especially when it joins forces with chocolate.
If you really wanna win a girl’s heart..skip the roses…or love poems…or romantic playlists of every Ed Sheeran and Michael Buble song. Hand me a dozen of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered Strawberries, and you have my heart…and a kiss or two if you’re lucky. 😉
- 12 Strawberries, rinsed and dried
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Wash and dry strawberries, leaving top intact.
- Microwave peanut butter in glass bowl for 20 seconds.
- Dip a large spoon in peanut butter. Roll each strawberry in spoon to cover.
- Place strawberries on cooling rack, and store in freezer at least 20 minutes, or until peanut butter is firmed.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in double boiler or in microwave-safe bowl until smooth.
- Let chocolate cool 5 minutes.
- Dip each strawberry in chocolate, and refrigerate until served.
I found it much easier to dip the strawberries in the peanut butter using a big spoon to maximize pb to strawberry coverage.
..and for easily shoveling all that leftover peanut butter straight to my face. No chaser.
Single. Married. Facebook official. Tinderella. Just make these, and learn what true love
feels tastes like.
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite way to eat chocolate?
Love or loathe Valentine’s Day?